Freedom of Information Act
The Roselle Park District is an autonomous governmental agency, responsible directly to the people through the election and referendum process. The District receives its operating authority from the Illinois Park District Code, (Illinois Revised Statutes, Chapter 105, Sections 1 – 13). Through the Code, the Park District is empowered to levy taxes within specified limits, acquire and develop parks, build and operate recreation facilities and conduct recreation programs.
The Roselle Park District is a special district of local government with its own financial and legal responsibilities, established in 1964 for the purpose of providing park and recreational opportunities to residents of the community and public at large. It is governed by five elected Park Commissioners of Roselle, who serve a four-year term without remuneration. Regular Board meetings are generally held on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Please check with the main office for particulars 630-894-4200.
How to File a Freedom of Information Act Request with the Roselle Park District
1. Please make your request for records in writing. The Roselle Park District does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose, however a sample form is provided in a downloadable format. Click here for a sample form. You may submit your written request by mail, fax or e-mail. Please direct your request to the individual listed below. A list of additional FOIA Officers can be found at the end of this document:
FOIA Officer #1 – Rob Ward
Roselle Park District
Clauss Recreation Center
555 W. Bryn Mawr Ave
Roselle, IL 60172
2. Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of a representative of the Roselle Park District, you may call 630-894-4200 to be directed to the proper person.
3. Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
4. There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper black and white, letter or legal size copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .15-cent-per-page charge.
(a) Color or Irregular Sized Copies: The fee for color or irregular sized copies shall be the actual cost incurred by the Park District for reproducing the records.
(b) Certification of document: The fee for certification of a document shall be $1.00.
(c) Records in Electronic Format: The fee charged for producing records in an electronic format shall be the actual cost incurred by the Park District for purchasing the recording medium.
5. You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest—not simply your personal interest—and merits a fee waiver.
6. Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
Roselle Park District Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) (5 ILCS 140) Officers
FOIA Officer #1
FOIA Officer #2
FOIA Officer #3
Information required by Public Act 97‐0609 may be obtained from the Roselle Park District Executive Director’s office, which is located at the Clauss Recreation Center, 555 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Roselle, IL, 60172, (630) 894-4200, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please stop by the front desk to make your request.